- It’s Time d’Arnaud or Else
- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
AL Player Of The Week: Chris Davis – Orioles
- Updated: June 13, 2016
The Baltimore Orioles are tied for first in the American League East with the Boston Red Sox and starting on Tuesday both teams will battle in a three-game series for first place.
Over the last ten games the team is 6-4, but the offense is clicking and one bat that had a torrid past week was Chris Davis.
Davis, from June 6 to June 12, batted .368 (7 for 19), with five runs, a double, five home runs, and 10 RBI’s.
In April, Davis batted .235, with seven home runs and 17 RBI’s, had a rough May batting just .210, with three home runs and 11 RBIs. But in June he has picked it up again, batting .265, with six home runs and 11 RBIs.
At his current pace, he will smash his April numbers as he continues to help the Orioles stay on top of the division.
A big three-game set is coming up with the Red Sox and Davis’ hot bat should be the difference maker.
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- WBC: USA Crowned With First Classic Title - March 23, 2017
- WBC: USA Beat Japan to Advance To Final - March 22, 2017
- WBC: Puerto Rico Walks-Off Netherlands, Advance to Finals - March 21, 2017