- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
- Atlanta Braves Prospects – Third Basemen
AL Player Of The Week: Carlos Correa – Astros
- Updated: June 27, 2016
The Houston Astros are Back!
After suffering through the first part of the season at the bottom of the American league West, the Astros have finally put the losing aside and regained their winning edge and now sit in second place, two games over .500 at 39-37, but do remain ten games behind the first place Texas Rangers.
Since the beginning of June their offense has been in high gear with five guys batting over .280 and it showed this past weekend as they scored 32 runs while teeing off on the Kansas City Royals pitching staff.
One of the hotter hitters of the bunch is shortstop Carlos Correa, who after a slow start, is being projected to have his best season in the majors, even if its only his second season all together.
In 2015, he hit .279, with 22 home runs and 68 RBIs in just 99 games, and now with a full season to be played, he is on pace to hit .265, with 24 home runs and 89 RBI’s. So far in 2016, he is hitting .261, with 12 home runs and 42 RBIs in 72 games.
Over the past week spanning June 20-26, the Puerto Rican native hit .333, with six runs, scored, four doubles, three home runs, and nine RBIs.
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- WBC: USA Crowned With First Classic Title - March 23, 2017
- WBC: USA Beat Japan to Advance To Final - March 22, 2017
- WBC: Puerto Rico Walks-Off Netherlands, Advance to Finals - March 21, 2017