- It’s Time d’Arnaud or Else
- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
AL Wins 4th Straight All-Star Game, Hosmer Wins MVP
- Updated: July 13, 2016
On Tuesday night the stars were out for the 87th MLB All-Star game as the American League defeated the National League 4-2, winning the leagues fourth straight mid-summer classic.
A wonderful night in San Diego allowed all baseball fans the opportunity to see the future of the game compete as well as witness the great career of David Ortiz wind down towards to his impending retirement.
The NL struck first when they scored a run in the opening inning as Kris Bryant hit a two-out smash to left field to put his teammates up early 1-0.
The lead would quickly fade away as the AL squad scored three runs in the bottom of the second on a solo homer from Hosmer and a two run shot from Perez to put the AL up for good at 3-1.
In the following inning, Hosmer, the games MVP, struck again when he singled in Edwin Encarnacion to extend the lead to 4-1.
In the top of the fourth, the Marlins Marcell Ozuna singled home Giants catcher Buster Posey to pull the NL within two runs at 4-2, but that is the closest the NL squad would get as the AL pitching staff took over, shutting down the NL offense for the rest of the game.
The game was played n front of 42,386 fans, which was nearly a sell out. (Petco Park capacity – 42,445).
Team RISP: AL 1 for 5, NL 1 for 8
Team LOB: AL – 7 , NL – 10
Eric Hosmer – 2 for 3, HR, 2 RBI
Salvador Perez – 1 for 2, HR, 2 RBI
Jackie Bradley Jr. – 2 for 2
Kris Bryant – 1 for 2, HR, RBI
Daniel Murphy – 2 for 3
Marcel Ozuna – 1 for 2, RBI
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- WBC: USA Crowned With First Classic Title - March 23, 2017
- WBC: USA Beat Japan to Advance To Final - March 22, 2017
- WBC: Puerto Rico Walks-Off Netherlands, Advance to Finals - March 21, 2017