- Chiefs Take Game One, Mother Nature Takes Game Two
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders
- MWL Game of the Week: Fort Wayne Wins Late, Again
- International League Leaders
- MLB Player of the Week: 3B Jose Ramirez – Indians
Back-to-Back 5-Hit Games For Nats Prospect Andrew Stevenson
- Updated: April 19, 2017
On Monday, Andrew Stevenson of the Double-A Harrisburg Senators and the Washington Nationals #5 prospect, recorded five hits in seven at bats. Then on Tuesday, he did one better by getting five hits in all five at bats, finishing with 10 hits in two straight games.
“I’ve never had two games where I had 10 hits,” Stevenson told Alex Kraft of MiLB.com. “But it’s a fun experience.”
The Lafayette, LA native was signed by the Nationals in the second round of the 2015 MLB June amateur draft out of Louisiana State.
During Mondays game, which the Senators outlasted the Hartford Yard Goats 16-14 in 13 innings, Stevenson recorded an intentional walk and double in the extra frames to go along with four singles. For the game he also had four runs scored, and three RBIs.
On Tuesday, Stevenson scored two runs, hit two doubles, along with three singles and drove in two runs.
In 2017, he is batting .447 (21 for 47) and already has seven multi-hit games on the season, spanning 11 games.
You can also reach out to David at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- Prospects on Deck: SS Jake Cronenworth – Rays - April 21, 2017
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro - April 20, 2017
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders - April 20, 2017