- Is Brewers Eric Thames The Real Deal?
- International League Player of the Week: RHP Murphy Smith – Blue Jays
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 8, We’re Back!!!!
- Exclusive Interview – LHP Tayler Saucedo – Blue Jays
- MLB Player of the Week: RHP Seung Hwan Oh – Cardinals (April 17-23)
- Florida State Player of the Week: 3B Zach Shepherd – Tigers
Class-A: Nationals’ Max Schrock Drives In Two, Leading North Over South 2-1 In SAL All Star Game
- Updated: June 22, 2016
The South Atlantic League All-Star game as played in front of 8,126 baseball fanatics at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, KY.
Even though the event highlights some of the top prospects in the game, it’s also a chance for other players that may not get all the attention to showcase their skills.
The Washington Nationals shortstop prospect Max Schrock, who plays with the Hagerstown Suns, was hitting .327, with 18 doubles, two triples, four home runs, 33 RBI’s and 20 walks leading up to the game. On Tuesday night, he took home the MVP trophy after driving in two runs to help lead the North to a 2-1 victory over the South.
The Tacoma, Washington native, drove a line drive double to right field scoring Suns’ teammate Victor Robles with the first run of the game in the top of the first.
In the top of the fifth he capped off his night with the deciding run, a single to left field scoring Hickory Crawdads shortstop Yeyson Yrizarri.
In the bottom of the eighth, the South pulled within a run on Greenville Drive’s Austin Reis shot over the left field fence. But the South wouldn’t get any closer.
Mitchell Gunsolus – 2 for 4, Double
Austin Rei – 1 for 1, HR, RBI
You can also reach out to David at firstname.lastname@example.org