- Is Brewers Eric Thames The Real Deal?
- International League Player of the Week: RHP Murphy Smith – Blue Jays
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 8, We’re Back!!!!
- Exclusive Interview – LHP Tayler Saucedo – Blue Jays
- MLB Player of the Week: RHP Seung Hwan Oh – Cardinals (April 17-23)
- Florida State Player of the Week: 3B Zach Shepherd – Tigers
Class A Catcher Of The Week: Tomas Nido-Mets
- Updated: August 9, 2016
New York Mets’ catching prospect Tomas Nido is easily having one of the best seasons of his career and this past week has shown that even towards the end of the season his power isn’t going anywhere as he helps lead the Class-A Advanced St. Lucie Mets of the Florida State League.
The twenty-two year old has had at least one hit in nine of the last ten games with four multi-hit games. Nido has also become a solid backstop for St. Lucie this season, improving on his fourteen errors in 2015 and has increased the numbers of baserunners he has caught and his improved ability to become a leader and call games.
Nido earned a spot on the 2016 Florida State League All-Star Game, due mostly to his .316 batting average with seven homers, twenty doubles and 42 RBIs.
The Florida native is ranked as the 19th best prospect in the New York Mets Organization with his arm strength and power at the plate all putting him above the pack,
Nido was drafted in the 8th round of the 2012 MLB Draft while playing at Orangewood Christian School in Maitland, Florida.
Latest posts by Bethany Cohen (see all)
- Eastern League Player of the Week: Bobby Bradley-Indians - April 25, 2017
- Eastern League Player of the Week: 3B Aderlin Rodriguez-Orioles - April 18, 2017
- Eastern League Pitcher of the Week: RHP Chance Adams-Yankees - April 11, 2017