- Is Brewers Eric Thames The Real Deal?
- International League Player of the Week: RHP Murphy Smith – Blue Jays
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 8, We’re Back!!!!
- Exclusive Interview – LHP Tayler Saucedo – Blue Jays
- MLB Player of the Week: RHP Seung Hwan Oh – Cardinals (April 17-23)
- Florida State Player of the Week: 3B Zach Shepherd – Tigers
Class A: Nats’ Andrew Stevenson Triples Twice As Carolina Takes 6-4 All-Star Win
- Updated: June 22, 2016
The best of the best from the California and Carolina Leagues met at The Diamond, the home of the Lake Elsinore Storm on Tuesday evening for the annual California/ Carolina All-Star Game. This season’s All-Star festivities included the first ever California League Hall of Fame Class which honored some of the best to ever grace the minor league ball.
Carolina got on the board first when, with two outs in the top of the first, Salem Red Sox shortstop Mauricio Dubon hit a sac fly to send Greg Allen home to score for an early 1-0 lead. me.
In the top of the fourth, Lynchburg Hillcats’ first baseman Bobby Bradley helped extend Carolina’s lead with a solo homer on a fly ball to right center field for 1-0 ballgame.
In the bottom of the fourth, Lancaster JetHawks’ outfielder Bobby Boyd scored to get the California League on the board to cut the deficit to 2-1.
In the top of the fifth, Potomac Nationals’ Andrew Stevenson hit a RBI triple to give Carolina a 3-1 advantage and then a RBI single by Dubon send Stevenson home for a 4-1 game.
In the top of the seventh, Andrew Stevenson, who is the Nationals’ eighth best prospect, continued his offensive tear as he hit his second triple of the night, this time on a line drive to center sending home Greg Allen; Stevenson then scored off a RBI single by Yu-Cheng Chang to give Carolina five run lead.
It wasn’t until the bottom of the ninth when California got any offensive surge. Tim Arakawa singled on a line drive to right to start the ninth. C.J. Hinojosa then hit a RBI double on a fly ball to center; Arakawa scored. Chris Shaw then followed up with a RBI double on a fly ball to left; Hinojosa scored. Garrett Stubbs hit a RBI double of his own later in the inning with two outs to tack on one more for California for a final score of 6-4.
Andrew Stevenson was named MVP of the California League-Carolina League All-Star Game after his dominant performance at the plate.
Greg Allen: 1 for 3; 2 R
Andrew Stevenson: 3 for 5; 2R; 2 RBIs; 2 Trip
Mauricio Dubon: 1 for 2; 2 RBIs
C.J. Hinojosa: 1 for 4; R; 2 RBIs; DBL
Bobby Boyd: 1 for 2; R
Travis Demeritte: 1 for 2
Latest posts by Bethany Cohen (see all)
- Eastern League Player of the Week: Bobby Bradley-Indians - April 25, 2017
- Eastern League Player of the Week: 3B Aderlin Rodriguez-Orioles - April 18, 2017
- Eastern League Pitcher of the Week: RHP Chance Adams-Yankees - April 11, 2017