- Chiefs Take Game One, Mother Nature Takes Game Two
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders
- MWL Game of the Week: Fort Wayne Wins Late, Again
- International League Leaders
- MLB Player of the Week: 3B Jose Ramirez – Indians
Dan Haren to Attend Spring Training
- Updated: January 12, 2015
After being traded from the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Miami Marlins, pitcher Dan Haren was undecided of his future. It was well documented around the baseball world that Haren would rather retire from the game instead of pitch on the east coast. His desire was to stay close to home if he were to pitch again.
It appears now that Haren might have had a $10 million change of heart since it is now being reported that he will attend spring training with the Marlins. He has still made his desire known to the organization that he hopes to be traded, but it looks like he will head to spring training as a Marlin. For now.
Sources: Dan Haren plans to report to spring training with #Marlins.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 12, 2015
Haren, 34, has a career 142-122 record in twelve major league seasons with six different teams. He is a three-time All-Star with a career ERA of 3.77 and has been very durable over his career averaging over 30 starts a season. It will be interesting to see what Miami does, even though they are hopeful he breaks camp with the team and can be penciled into their starting rotation in 2015.
The Giants could potentially be a suitor as they are rumored to be looking for starting pitching as well as the new-look San Diego Padres.
You can also reach out to John at email@example.com
Latest posts by John Ginder (see all)
- Chiefs Take Game One, Mother Nature Takes Game Two - April 20, 2017
- International League Leaders - April 19, 2017
- Transaction Tuesday: International League Moves 4/11-4/17 - April 18, 2017