- Is Brewers Eric Thames The Real Deal?
- International League Player of the Week: RHP Murphy Smith – Blue Jays
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 8, We’re Back!!!!
- Exclusive Interview – LHP Tayler Saucedo – Blue Jays
- MLB Player of the Week: RHP Seung Hwan Oh – Cardinals (April 17-23)
- Florida State Player of the Week: 3B Zach Shepherd – Tigers
Double-A Infielder Of The Week: Brandon Dixon
- Updated: June 7, 2016
On December 16, 2016 a three team trade including the Cincinnati Reds, Chicago White Sox and LA Dodgers occurred which sent Todd Frazier to the White Sox, Frankie Montas, Micah Johnson and Trayce Thomspon to the Dodgers and then Scott Schebler, Jose Peraza and an infielder by the name of Brandon Dixon to the Cincinnati Reds.
The twenty-four-year-old Dixon was originally drafted by the LA Dodgers in the third round of the 2013 MLB Draft while playing at he University of Arizona.
This season, with the Double-A Pensacola Blue Wahoos of the Southern League, the second baseman, is hitting .316 with eleven homers and 38 RBIs while slugging .605 and a .363 OBP.
In the last two weeks, Dixon has had quite a run which includes hitting .500 in the last ten games. He has also had at least one hit in eight of the ten games in that span along with an impressive eight homers and 21 RBIs and eleven runs scored.
He has three games (May 29, May 31 and June 5, 2016) in which he hit two homeruns a piece. He has also had two games with five or more runs batted in showing that his presence at the plate isn’t slowing down anytime soon.
With the Cincinnati Reds’ basing their theory on building the organization with youth, the Reds are always looking for the up and comers in the Minors.
Before being traded, Dixon was listed as the 18th best prospect in the Dodgers’ organization.
Latest posts by Bethany Cohen (see all)
- Eastern League Player of the Week: Bobby Bradley-Indians - April 25, 2017
- Eastern League Player of the Week: 3B Aderlin Rodriguez-Orioles - April 18, 2017
- Eastern League Pitcher of the Week: RHP Chance Adams-Yankees - April 11, 2017