- Chiefs Take Game One, Mother Nature Takes Game Two
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders
- MWL Game of the Week: Fort Wayne Wins Late, Again
- International League Leaders
- MLB Player of the Week: 3B Jose Ramirez – Indians
Eastern League Player of the Week: 3B Aderlin Rodriguez-Orioles
- Updated: April 18, 2017
Here at Legends on Deck we like to showcase the “Stars of Tomorrow” by applauding their outstanding performances in the Minor Leagues. This week LOD’s Eastern League Player of the Week honors is awarded to Third Baseman Aderlin Rodriguez of the Bowie Baysox.
The twenty-five year old had an outstanding season thus far and this past week was no different. In the last ten games he hit .405 with four homers and 12 runs batted in for 15 total hits in 37 at-bats.
It hasn’t been an easy journey for Rodriguez who actually documented his baseball journey here at Legends on Deck, published earlier this month.
The third baseman’s career began in 2008 with the New York Mets’ Organization until he was released in 2015. Before signing with the Baltimore Orioles’ he spent time with the Seattle Mariners but it seems that since joining the O’s Farm System he has revitalized his career. In 2016 he was assigned to the Single- A Advanced Frederick Keys where he hit an impressive .304 on the season with 26 homers and 93 runs batted in; a standout season that even earned him a trip to the California/Carolina All-Star Game.
Latest posts by Bethany Cohen (see all)
- Eastern League Player of the Week: 3B Aderlin Rodriguez-Orioles - April 18, 2017
- Eastern League Pitcher of the Week: RHP Chance Adams-Yankees - April 11, 2017
- Double-A Player of the Week: Gleyber Torres-Yankees - April 4, 2017