- Chiefs Take Game One, Mother Nature Takes Game Two
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders
- MWL Game of the Week: Fort Wayne Wins Late, Again
- International League Leaders
- MLB Player of the Week: 3B Jose Ramirez – Indians
Florida State League Player of The Week: LF Logan Hill – Pirates
- Updated: April 10, 2017
In 2015, the Pittsburgh Pirates selected outfielder Logan Hill in the 25th round of the 2015 June MLB Draft out of Troy University.
The Pensacola native did not disappoint as he hit .297, with 13 doubles, three triples, seven home runs, 45 RBIs, and 13 stolen bases in 60 games with Class A Short Season West Virginia Black Bears.
Last season, Hill started the season with Class A Advanced Bradenton Marauders and in 17 games he batted .226 (14 for 62), with two home runs and seven RBIs’. The Pirates sent Hill to the Class A Full Season West Virginia Power and in 93 games, he batted .254, with 19 doubles, five triples, 11 home runs, 40 RBIs and 13 stolen bases.
Going to the South Atlantic League, is exactly what Hill needed to get back on track, and he is showing it as he is on fire at the start of the 2017 season with the Marauders.
With the season just four games in, Hill is batting .438 (7 for 16), with seven runs scored, two doubles, a triple, two home runs and three RBIs.
The 23-year old prospect has hit safely in his first four games of the season, and already has three multi-hit games in that span and also back to back games with a home run.
The defending FSL Champs are on a tear so far winning their first four games of the season and Logan Hill is right in the middle of it all.
Congrats to Logan Hill for being named our first Florida State League Player of the Week for 2017.
You can also reach out to David at email@example.com
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- Prospects on Deck: SS Jake Cronenworth – Rays - April 21, 2017
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro - April 20, 2017
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders - April 20, 2017