- Chiefs Take Game One, Mother Nature Takes Game Two
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders
- MWL Game of the Week: Fort Wayne Wins Late, Again
- International League Leaders
- MLB Player of the Week: 3B Jose Ramirez – Indians
Florida State League: Tampa Drops Bradenton For 1st Loss of ’17
- Updated: April 14, 2017
The Bradenton Marauders ran the table for the first eight games of the season starting out 8-0, but they finally succumbed to a loss, as the Tampa Yankees took the second game of their double header on Thursday night.
After the first four games, the Yankees were 1-3, but a recent surge along with their 2-1 victory over the Marauders in game 2 on Thursday, Tampa is 4-1 in their last five games.
It took extra innings for Tampa to hand Bradenton their first loss. As it goes for all Florida State League games, if there is a double header, both games only last seven innings each. On Thursday it took til the bottom of the eighth inning for the Yankees to secure the victory.
The game actually belonged to both pitching staffs, as the Yankees three eight innings, allowing one run on four hits, four walks and five strikeouts.
Bradenton’s staff was up for the challenge, tossing 7.2 innings, allowing two runs on five hits, four walks with six strikeouts. The only flaw, allowing the winning run to score in the bottom of the eighth inning on a single from Trey Amburgey.
Alfredo Reyes, SS – 3 for 3, RBI
Logan Sendelbach, SP – 5 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 3 K
Jorge Mateo, SS – 1 for 3, 2 R, BB
Trey Amburgey, CF – 1 for 3, R, BB
Matt Snyder, 1B, 1 for 2, RBI, BB
Kyle Haynes, SP – 4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K
Dillon McNamara, RP (W, 1-0) – 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB
You can also reach out to David at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- Prospects on Deck: SS Jake Cronenworth – Rays - April 21, 2017
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro - April 20, 2017
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders - April 20, 2017