Game Of The Week: Detroit Tigers At Atlanta Braves Preview
- Updated: September 30, 2016
The Atlanta Braves will host the Detroit Tigers in not only the final weekends series of the regular season but also at Turner Field.
The season may be over for the Braves but for the Tigers who are one game back from the AL Wild Card, they will need to try to sweep the series. The Baltimore Orioles and Toronto Blue Jays are now tied for the two Wild Card spots, with the Jays playing the Red Sox at Fenway Park and the O’s in the Bronx playing the New York Yankees. Truly, any of these teams , along with the Seattle Mariners’ who are also within reach, could end the weekend with a post-season future and possibly two others left out.
When: Friday, September 30, 2016 at 7:35pm
Where: Turner Field
- After twenty seasons the Atlanta Braves will conclude their play at Turner Field at the conclusion of this weekend’s series. SunTrust Park, the new home of the Braves, will open in Spring 2017.
- LHP Daniel Norris (3-2, 3.59) will make the start on Friday night in the series’ opener. Originally RHP Jordan Zimmerman was scheduled to make his first start after rehabbing from injury, but due to inclement weather in their final home game on Thursday afternoon against the Cleveland Indians, that game was cancelled and Norris’ start was moved to Friday. In the left-hander’s last start he went five and two-third innings allowing just two runs against the Kansas City Royals.
- RHP Matt Wisler (7-12; 4.86) will start his final home game of the season on Friday night after having two solid outings as of late. The right-hander did spend a significant amount of time with Triple-A Gwinnett this summer and by doing so has come back with a solid fastball and slider. Although the Braves’ season will come to a close at the end of this weekend, any momentum gained will be great for this young lineup.
Ian Kinsler, 2B
Cameron Maybin, CF
Miguel Cabrera, 1B
J.D. Martinez, RF
Justin Upton, LF
Nick Castellanos, 3B
James McCann, C
Jose Iglesias, SS
Daniel Norris, P
Ender Inciarte, CF
Adonis Garcia, 3B
Freddie Freeman, 1B
Nick Markakis, RF
Tyler Flower, C
Jace Peterson, 2B
Dansby Swanson, SS
Mallex Smith, LF
Matt Wisler, P
Latest posts by Bethany Cohen (see all)
- Will Peter O’Brien Finally Get His Chance? - March 27, 2017
- Nats Trade Top Prospects For OF Adam Eaton - December 7, 2016
- Royals Trade Wade Davis To Cubs In Exchange For Jorge Soler - December 7, 2016