- Chiefs Take Game One, Mother Nature Takes Game Two
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders
- MWL Game of the Week: Fort Wayne Wins Late, Again
- International League Leaders
- MLB Player of the Week: 3B Jose Ramirez – Indians
GAME OF THE WEEK PREVIEW: Reds @ Padres 7/29
- Updated: July 28, 2016
GAME OF THE WEEK PREVIEW: Cincinnati Reds vs San Diego Padres, 7/29/16, 10:40 PM EST, Petco Park
For the Reds: With a 40-61 record, Cincinnati is in the beginning stage of rebuilding their franchise. With trade talks looming for a possible deal for OF Jay Bruce, the Reds will have to lean heavily on the bats of Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips, while hoping Billy Hamilton gets on base and ups his stolen base number above 22. Manager Bryan Price‘s sole goal is to help further along the young pitching rotation and turn their negative record into positive individual growth.
For the Padres: With a 44-58 record, San Diego is another team in rebuilding mode. Trading Melvin Upton, Jr. to Toronto and Francisco Rodney to Miami, Manager Andy Green is building around HIS young rotation and All-Star Wil Myers, who has been dynamite this year. This is another team looking to develop their prospects, especially after uploading a lot of them during the 2014 offseason.
Player to Watch: CIN – Joey Votto. My prediction is Votto goes deep in the confines of Petco Park.
SD – Yangervis Solarte. He will be the key for San Diego in the second half, and I think he kicks things off on 7/29, especially with the day off Thursday night. Big defense at 3B.
Latest posts by Jon Harder (see all)
- Harvey Shines; Flores, D’Arnaud Come Through in Mets 6-2 Win - April 7, 2017
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher - March 22, 2017
- I Still Believe In Tebow - March 15, 2017