- It’s Time d’Arnaud or Else
- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
Game Of The Week: Rangers’ Prospect Ronald Guzman Leading Texas League
- Updated: June 2, 2016
Texas Rangers’ prospect Ronald Guzman can definitely be considered one of the leaders of the Double-A Texas League so far this season. The twenty-one year old was signed by the Rangers in July 2011 out of the Dominican Republic at just sixteen years old.
He made his pro ball debut in the summer of 2012 with the AZL Rangers where he hit .321 in fifty-two games. He has continued his journey the last few seasons throughout the Texas Rangers Organization and after the 2015 season was chosen as the Rangers’ Organization All-Star by MiLB.com. In 2015, he hit .283 with 12 homers and 87 RBIs while slugging .434 and an .324 OB while splitting his time with the Class-A Advanced affiliate.
So far this season with the Double-A Frisco RoughRiders he is hitting .320 with seven homers and 26 RBIs. In the last ten games he has hit an impressive .316 with two homers and 3 RBIs, showing that his hot-bat doesn’t seem to be cooling off anytime soon. He is currently third in the Texas League for highest batting average. At this rate he could see time with the Triple-A Round Rock Express before the season’s end.
Latest posts by Bethany Cohen (see all)
- Nats Trade Top Prospects For OF Adam Eaton - December 7, 2016
- Royals Trade Wade Davis To Cubs In Exchange For Jorge Soler - December 7, 2016
- Rockies And Ian Desmond Agree To 5-Year Deal - December 7, 2016