- It’s Time d’Arnaud or Else
- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
Video: Fielder Emotional While Announcing His Career Is Over
- Updated: August 10, 2016
Update: 9:45 pm
Original: August 9, 2016
MLB.com is reporting that Prince Fielder will undergo a second neck surgery in two years that will force the left handed power hitter to hang up his cleats. As per MLB.com, Fielder will not be retiring from the game, but he will be medically disabled and doctors will not clear him to play again.
Back on July 29, Fielder underwent a surgery for a C4/C5 herniation in his neck which ended his season, which is the second surgery in his career, last in 2014.
The Texas Rangers are scheduled to hold a press conference on Wednesday at their stadium, Globe Life Park, to discuss the end of Prince Fielder’s career.
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- WBC: USA Crowned With First Classic Title - March 23, 2017
- WBC: USA Beat Japan to Advance To Final - March 22, 2017
- WBC: Puerto Rico Walks-Off Netherlands, Advance to Finals - March 21, 2017