- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
- Atlanta Braves Prospects – Third Basemen
MLB News of the Week
- Updated: February 3, 2017
It is hard to believe that in a little less than two weeks, pitchers and catchers will be reporting for duty. It hasn’t been as exciting of an off season as expected, but so many players have found new places to play, while some stayed with where they were most comfortable. There are still bound to be trades as we get closer to opening day, but for the most part the bigger deals have been made or will be made later in the summer.
Here is a look at some of the stories from this week:
The New York Mets were busy on Friday agreeing to deals with three players. Jerry Blevins has decided to re-up with the Mets, as well as Fernando Salas who they acquired last season via trade. One name that came as sort of a surprise was their signing of LHP Tom Gorzelanny. [Click HERE for Salas and Gorzelanny, Click HERE for Blevins story]
St. Louis Cardinals extended one of their youngsters on Thursday. Carlos Martinez has a nice new five-year extension bringing him to his age 30 season. Martinez went 16-9 in 2016 with an EA of 3.04. [Read it HERE]
Latest posts by John Ginder (see all)
- Prospects on Deck: RHP Andrew Istler – Dodgers - March 17, 2017
- WBC: Japan, Netherlands Punch Their Tickets To Semi-Finals - March 15, 2017
- What Are The Twins Going To Do With Park? - March 9, 2017