- Chiefs Take Game One, Mother Nature Takes Game Two
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders
- MWL Game of the Week: Fort Wayne Wins Late, Again
- International League Leaders
- MLB Player of the Week: 3B Jose Ramirez – Indians
NL Player of the Week: Danny Espinosa – Nationals
- Updated: July 5, 2016
So far we have picked two Washington Nationals players to be honored with our weekly award, and now we add a third as shortstop Danny Espinosa joins the celebration.
Last week, spanning June 27 to July 3, the Nationals won six of their seven games and Espinosa was red hot as he batted .423 (11 for 26), with eight runs scored, two doubles, five home runs and 15 RBI’s.
Espinosa has experienced the highs and lows of major league baseball, from quickly having his star shine bright in 2011 to watching it nearly fizzle out as he battled through three mediocre seasons. But in 2016, he is reborn and playing the best baseball of his career and the Nationals are reaping the benefits as they lead the NL East division.
On the season, the Santa Ana, California native is batting .242, with 18 home runs and 49 RBIs and is on pace to have his best season in the majors since 2011 when he hit 21 home runs and drove in 66 runs.
You can also reach out to David at email@example.com
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- Prospects on Deck: SS Jake Cronenworth – Rays - April 21, 2017
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro - April 20, 2017
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders - April 20, 2017