- Is Brewers Eric Thames The Real Deal?
- International League Player of the Week: RHP Murphy Smith – Blue Jays
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 8, We’re Back!!!!
- Exclusive Interview – LHP Tayler Saucedo – Blue Jays
- MLB Player of the Week: RHP Seung Hwan Oh – Cardinals (April 17-23)
- Florida State Player of the Week: 3B Zach Shepherd – Tigers
NL Player Of The Week: Jayson Werth – Nationals
- Updated: June 13, 2016
The Washington Nationals continue to lead the National League East and are working their way to erasing the collapse of 2015.
One Nats player who is working hard and having a breakout season so far, is left fielder Jayson Werth.
Werth, since recovering from a fractured wrist in 2015, that limited him to just 88 games, looks to have a big year in a season that could be a special one for the Nationals.
Last season he finished batting .221, with just 12 home runs and 42 RBIs and as of Monday, he is batting .245, with 10 home runs and 35 RBIs. A healthy Werth can mean winning baseball in October for Washington.
In eight games in June, he is batting .355 (11 for 31) and for the week of June 6 to June 12, Werth is batting .500 (9 for 18), with five runs scored, two doubles, a home run, and eight RBIs.
On Sunday, Werth helped the Nationals rally from two runs down with a walk-off two-run single to beat the Philadelphia Phillies, 5-4 and sweep the series.
The 2016 season is shaping up to be a special one for the Washington fans and Werth is in the middle of the fun.
Featured photo: Evan Habeeb-USA TODAY Sports
You can also reach out to David at firstname.lastname@example.org