- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
- Atlanta Braves Prospects – Third Basemen
NLCS Preview: LA Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs
- Updated: October 15, 2016
On Saturday night, the National League Championship Series will begin and for the second season in a row the Chicago Cubs will be looking to return to the World Series for the first time since 1945. But this time in their way won’t be the dominate New York Mets squad from 2015, but a pesky LA Dodgers team that battled with the Washington Nationals for five games and came away with a dramatic series victory.
As for their NLDS series against the San Francisco Giants, the Cubs won three of four games and other than a Game 3 loss, they were in control the whole series.
Will the Cubs keep that momentum against a Dodgers squad that looks to keep history on their side and prolong the Cubs faithful from experiencing a trip back to the fall classic.
When: Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 8:00pm
Where: Wrigley Field, Chicago
Dodgers rookie right hander, Kenta Maeda (16-11, 3.48) will get the start for LA in Game 1 after getting roughed up in his first ever postseason start on October 10th, against the Nationals giving up four runs on five hits, allowing a home run, two walks, and striking four in three innings, while earning the loss.
The Cubs will send veteran LHP Jon Lester (19-5, 2.44) to the home mound, after he tossed eight shutout innings in Game 1 of the NLDS against the Giants, allowing five hits, no walks while striking out five batters. Lester is a career 7-6, with a 2.63 ERA in 106 postseason innings and in his two starts against the Dodgers in 2016, he is 1-0, allowing seven hits, one run, two walks, and striking out 16 batters in 15 innings pitched.
Top Postseason Hitters:
Rest of Series Pitching Probables
Game 2 – Sunday, October 16 – 8:00 PM ET
Dodgers TBD at Cubs Kyle Hendricks (16-8, 2.13)
Game 3 – Tuesday, October 18 – 8:00 PM ET
Cubs Jake Arrieta (18-8, 3.10) at Dodgers TBD
Game 4 – Wednesday, October 19 – 8:00 pm ET
Cubs John Lackey (11-8, 3.35) at Dodgers TBD
Game 5 – Thursday, October 20 – If necessary
Game 6 – Saturday, October 22 – If necessary
Game 7 – Sunday, October 23 – If necessary
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- WBC: USA Crowned With First Classic Title - March 23, 2017
- WBC: USA Beat Japan to Advance To Final - March 22, 2017
- WBC: Puerto Rico Walks-Off Netherlands, Advance to Finals - March 21, 2017