- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
- Atlanta Braves Prospects – Third Basemen
Prospects On Deck: LHP Dietrich Enns-Yankees
- Updated: August 30, 2016
As the New York Yankees start the phase of rebuilding the dynasty, young talented players are finally getting their turn in “the show”. The next name that Yankees’ fans could soon be seeing is that of left-hander Dietrich Enns.
The twenty-five year old was drafted by the Yankees in the 19th round of the MLB Draft while playing at Central Michigan University.
Through his young career he has spent time as both a starter and also a relief pitcher. In the beginning of the 2014 season he had to undergo Tommy John Surgery which put an immediate halt to his early pro ball success.
Since returning in 2015, Enns has spent his time mainly as a starter as he continued to work his way back up the Yankees’ Farm System. It is clear however, that 2016 is not only his most successful but, definitely the most dominant season of his career.
He began the 2016 season with Double-A Trenton where he went 7-2 in twelve starts including one complete game. In that span he maintained a 1.93 ERA/1.21 WHIP and struck out seventy-four in seventy innings of work.
His solid start to 2016 allowed him to earn the Eastern League Player of the Month honors in April and to be named to the 2016 Double-A Eastern League All-Star Game roster this season.
Since being promoted to the Triple-A Scranton RailRiders this season he has continued his strength on the mound by going 7-2 in ten starts, twelve appearances, with a 1.57 ERA/ 1.14 WHIP. Most recently the RailRiders have decided to limit Enns’ innings and are using him out of the bullpen.
With Scranton now playoff bound it remains to be seen if Enns will be placed back into the rotation or stay in a relief role.
Latest posts by Bethany Cohen (see all)
- Nats Trade Top Prospects For OF Adam Eaton - December 7, 2016
- Royals Trade Wade Davis To Cubs In Exchange For Jorge Soler - December 7, 2016
- Rockies And Ian Desmond Agree To 5-Year Deal - December 7, 2016