- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
- Atlanta Braves Prospects – Third Basemen
Puig Claimed Off Waivers, Team Unknown
- Updated: August 30, 2016
MLB.com is reporting that Yasiel Puig has been claimed off waivers but at this time the team has not been disclosed.
The Los Angeles Dodgers placed Puig on waivers on Sunday.
Puig who has struggled at the plate this season, was batting just .260, with seven home runs and 34 RBI’s in 81 games. July 31st was his last game in the majors as the Dodgers sent him to their Triple-A affiliate.
In 18 games with Oklahoma City, he was batting .369, with four home runs and 12 RBIs.
According to MLB.com:
Waiver claim order is based on the reverse order of standings in the player’s league. Therefore, every NL team would have a chance to claim league before any American League team, beginning with the Atlanta Braves, who have the worst record in MLB.
More to come on this developing story.
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- WBC: USA Crowned With First Classic Title - March 23, 2017
- WBC: USA Beat Japan to Advance To Final - March 22, 2017
- WBC: Puerto Rico Walks-Off Netherlands, Advance to Finals - March 21, 2017