- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
- Atlanta Braves Prospects – Third Basemen
The Cubs Add Flame Thrower Aroldis Chapman
- Updated: July 26, 2016
If the Chicago Cubs faithful wanted more of a guarantee then what the Back to the Future movie could have offered, they received it on Monday as the Cubs added the best closer in the game in Aroldis Chapman.
The lefty flame thrower, who started the season with the New York Yankees, was traded to Chicago on Monday in exchange for four players which included top shortstop prospect Gleyber Torres.
Chapman, 28, appeared in 31 games for New York, saving 20 of 21 chances, and struck out 44 batters in 31.1 innings. Opponents are hitting just .179 against him and he has a 0.89 WHIP.
Can this be the final piece to the puzzle for the Chicago Cubs to finally make it back to the World Series? Well only another few months of baseball will answer the question, but if I was a betting man, I’d have to say, the “W” will be flying high come November baseball.
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- WBC: USA Crowned With First Classic Title - March 23, 2017
- WBC: USA Beat Japan to Advance To Final - March 22, 2017
- WBC: Puerto Rico Walks-Off Netherlands, Advance to Finals - March 21, 2017