- Chiefs Take Game One, Mother Nature Takes Game Two
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders
- MWL Game of the Week: Fort Wayne Wins Late, Again
- International League Leaders
- MLB Player of the Week: 3B Jose Ramirez – Indians
The Return of Matt Harvey and Met Fans Call For The Dark Knight
- Updated: April 7, 2017
Thursday marked the first official return of Matt Harvey from two major surgeries in the last three years. It was a forgettable time in Harvey’s career. Thursday marked the return of the Dark Knight.
Last year, Harvey was hitting 90 on the radar gun. During Spring Training, Harvey hit as high as 97 and tonight, amidst the cool April weather in Flushing, Harvey hit 94 to 95.
Although Harvey’s outing was extremely impressive Met fans can rest assure that the Black Knight is back. Harvey looked healthy and slimmer.
Harvey had good command of his pitches, striking out four batters and allowed three hits in 6 2/3 innings. Harvey’s only mistake was giving up two solo home runs to Matt Kemp. Nothing to be concerned about because he showed confidence in his repertoire. The same confidence he showed in past season that made him an All-Star.
Harvey is determined to pitch to his high standard of excellence.
The help from the lineup should allow Harvey to be more aggressive with the batters.
The Mets scoring six runs on Thursday night, was all Harvey needed. Travis d’Arnaud and Wilmer Flores each had two hits. Flores hit his first home run of the season off losing pitcher, Jaime Garcia. Harvey and the Mets bullpen had enough runs to shut down the Braves and win the series finale.
As the weather gets warmer, look for Harvey to build on Thursday night’s outing. Harvey should gain more strength and confidence in his pitching. Terry Collins and Sandy Alderson must be happy with tonight’s pitching effort.
If Harvey stays healthy, there is the potential to have a dominating staff.
Harvey has returned and Mets fans could not be happier.
Latest posts by Joe Noa (see all)
- Zack Wheeler’s Long Road Back To The Majors - April 13, 2017
- The Return of Matt Harvey and Met Fans Call For The Dark Knight - April 7, 2017
- Changes Are Needed For the WBC to Lessen Injuries - April 6, 2017