- It’s Time d’Arnaud or Else
- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
Tigers Michael Fulmer To Make MLB Debut Against Twins
- Updated: April 29, 2016
On Friday, the Detroit Tigers Top Pitching Prospect Michael Fulmer will make his major league debut against the Minnesota Twins at Target Field.
During his minor league career that dates back to 2011, the former 1st round pick, has compiled a 27-25 record, a 3.21 ERA, with 385 strikeouts in 398 innings.
Prior to Fulmer’s trade to the Tigers last season, he was 6-2, with a 1.88 ERA for Double-A Binghamton. After the trade, the Oklahoma native was sent to the Tigers Double-A Erie SeaWolves and finished the season, 4-1, with a 2.84 ERA.
This year the Tigers placed Fulmer on their Triple A team, the Toledo Mud Hens and in three starts, he is 1-1, a 4.11 ERA, with 20 strikeouts in 15.1 innings.
Fulmer shared his excitement with the media,
“I’ve been dreaming about this since I was 4 years old playing T-ball. Second best day of my life besides my wedding. My wife will enjoy that. No, it’s a blessing. I’m so happy to finally achieve my goal and hopefully I can compete well enough to stay up here.”
The Tigers and Twins open up a three game series on Friday, with Detroit looking to build on their two game winning streak, and Minnesota hoping to add to their winning ways at home.
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- WBC: USA Crowned With First Classic Title - March 23, 2017
- WBC: USA Beat Japan to Advance To Final - March 22, 2017
- WBC: Puerto Rico Walks-Off Netherlands, Advance to Finals - March 21, 2017