- It’s Time d’Arnaud or Else
- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
Triple-A: Braves Rally Late To Top Chiefs 3-2
- Updated: July 20, 2016
The Syracuse Chiefs (42-56) hosted the series finale against the Gwinnett Braves (46-51) on Wednesday afternoon at NBT Bank Stadium. The Braves however, were able to pull off a late ninth inning rally to defeat the Chiefs 3-2.
RHP Chris Ellis (ERA 7.48) took the start for Gwinnett as RHP Taylor Hill (ERA 4.25) took the mound for Syracuse.
Matt Skole tacked on the first run of the game with a solo homerun in the bottom of the fourth on a fly ball to right center field. Jhonatan Solano’s sac fly then drove in another run as the Chiefs took a 2-0 lead.
Ellis pitched five innings allowing two runs off of four hits; striking out three and walking three.
In the top of the sixth, Mel Rojas Jr. hit a solo homerun to cut the deficit to one run and put the Braves on the board.
In the top of the ninth with two outs and bases loaded, Omar Infante hit a two run single to give Gwinnett the 3-2 lead and then win.
Hill worked seven solid innings allowing just one run on five hits; striking out three and walking one. He was in line to earn the win until the ninth when Erik Davis allowed two runs and was charged with the loss and blown save.
Latest posts by Bethany Cohen (see all)
- Nats Trade Top Prospects For OF Adam Eaton - December 7, 2016
- Royals Trade Wade Davis To Cubs In Exchange For Jorge Soler - December 7, 2016
- Rockies And Ian Desmond Agree To 5-Year Deal - December 7, 2016