- Is Brewers Eric Thames The Real Deal?
- International League Player of the Week: RHP Murphy Smith – Blue Jays
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 8, We’re Back!!!!
- Exclusive Interview – LHP Tayler Saucedo – Blue Jays
- MLB Player of the Week: RHP Seung Hwan Oh – Cardinals (April 17-23)
- Florida State Player of the Week: 3B Zach Shepherd – Tigers
Triple A Outfielder Of The Week: Mets’ Brandon Nimmo
- Updated: June 13, 2016
Since being drafted in the first round by the New York Mets in 2011, Brandon Nimmo has become a prospect to watch in the organization.
Ranked as the Mets’ fourth best prospect by MLB.com entering the 2016 season, Nimmo has consistently been a solid force in the outfield and at the plate with the Las Vegas 51’s of the Pacific Coast League. Since May 30, the twenty-three-year-old has hit .417 with four homers and 11 RBIs. So far this season with Las Vegas he is hitting .325 with five homers and thirty-one runs batted in; .313 OBP/.448 SLG/.761 OPS.
This weekend’s series against the Albuquerque Isotopes, Nimmo ‘s power surge included Thursday night’s game where he went 3 for 5 with two homers. In the 51’s latest game on Sunday evening against the Isotopes, Nimmo was 3 for 4 with a run scored as Las Vegas went on to .
The outfielder has been making his way through the New York Mets’ the past five seasons gaining recognition and honors along his way for both his offensive and defensive skills.
Nimmo has been selected to represent the Mets and the United States in the Futures Game at the MLB All-Star Game in 2013 and 2015 and was a Mid-Season All-Star with Double-A Binghamton last season.
Nimmo is considered a top contender for the Triple-A All-Star Game which will take place in July, to vote for Nimmo, click here.
Latest posts by Bethany Cohen (see all)
- Eastern League Player of the Week: Bobby Bradley-Indians - April 25, 2017
- Eastern League Player of the Week: 3B Aderlin Rodriguez-Orioles - April 18, 2017
- Eastern League Pitcher of the Week: RHP Chance Adams-Yankees - April 11, 2017