- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
- Atlanta Braves Prospects – Third Basemen
Triple-A Outfielder Of The Week: Yankees Aaron Judge
- Updated: June 28, 2016
The New York Yankees have a big problem, they have a slugger in their own farm system and his star is about to explode. Yes you read that correct, the Yankees have a big star and his name is Aaron Judge.
Judge was drafted by New York in the first round of the 2013 June Amateur draft out of Fresno State.
He has quickly moved through the ranks and this year with the Yanks Triple-A affiliate the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, he is having a monster year.
Actually the 24-year old outfielder had a monster week spanning June 20-June 26th, as he batted .458 (11 for 24), with eight runs scored, five home runs, and nine RBIs.
On June 21, the Yankees #2 prospect, recorded a four-hit game, his second of the season, and from June 23-25, he hit a home run in three straight games.
For the season he is batting .266, with 14 doubles, 16 home runs, 46 RBIs, and 34 walks in 73 games and currently has a five game hitting streak.
Congrats to Judge for winning Legends on Decks Prospect of the Week award and the International League’s Player of the Week award.
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- WBC: USA Crowned With First Classic Title - March 23, 2017
- WBC: USA Beat Japan to Advance To Final - March 22, 2017
- WBC: Puerto Rico Walks-Off Netherlands, Advance to Finals - March 21, 2017