- Chiefs Take Game One, Mother Nature Takes Game Two
- Re-Post: Crown College Baseball: Under The Inspirational Leadership of Coach Gmetro
- Florida State League Offensive Leaders
- MWL Game of the Week: Fort Wayne Wins Late, Again
- International League Leaders
- MLB Player of the Week: 3B Jose Ramirez – Indians
Triple-A Pitcher Of The Week: Pirates’ Chad Kuhl
- Updated: June 14, 2016
It has always been expected that the Pittsburgh Pirates’ future rotation would include names like Tyler Glasnow and Jameson Taillon but there is another name that Pirates fans should be ready for: Chad Kuhl. The three pitchers are currently the heart and soul of the Triple-A squad and are leading the team in wins, ERA and strikeouts.
The twenty-three year old has steadily worked his way through the Pirates’ organization garnering promotions every season since being drafted in the ninth round of the 2013 draft out of the University of Delaware. This past offseason his pitching repertoire became even greater and impressed coaches and staff at Spring Training, showing that the Major Leagues are definitely in his future.
His fastball is dominant and his slider and changeup are terrific secondary pitches which will only get even better as he continues his way to Pittsburgh.
Kuhl was ranked by MLB.com as the 16th best prospect in the Pittsburgh Pirates’ organization entering the 2016 season. Kuhl has had a few rocky starts as of late, is overall performance this season has been very consistent. He currently holds a 5-2 record with a 2.15 ERA and a 1.03 WHIP with the Triple-A Indianapolis Indians of the International League.
In his last start on Friday, June 10 he endured just his second loss of the season against Syracuse where he allowed four runs off of eight hits in five and one-third innings of work; striking out three.
Last season with Double-A Altoona he maintained a 11-5 record with a 2.48 ERA in twenty-six starts.
The Indianapolis Indians are currently in second place in the IL West, just a half game behind Columbus.
Latest posts by Bethany Cohen (see all)
- Eastern League Player of the Week: 3B Aderlin Rodriguez-Orioles - April 18, 2017
- Eastern League Pitcher of the Week: RHP Chance Adams-Yankees - April 11, 2017
- Double-A Player of the Week: Gleyber Torres-Yankees - April 4, 2017