- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
- Atlanta Braves Prospects – Third Basemen
Triple-A Pitcher Of The Week: Ty Blach-Giants
- Updated: August 2, 2016
The San Francisco Giants have always based their success on solid pitching. With solid starters in place in the rotation, there is always room for a new fresh arm in the back end and it seems that they won’t have to look very far to find a promising young talent.
Left-handed pitcher Ty Blach is currently leading the Pacific Coast League with eleven wins on the season as he continues his successful season with the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats.
The twenty-five year old currently has a 6-3 record with a 3.11 ERA and 47 strikeouts in 66.2 innings of work. In his most recent start on July 30, 2016, Blach worked six innings on the mound while allowing two runs and striking out six batters.
He is 11-6 on the season with a 3.54 ERA which puts ranks him as one of the best starters in the PCL which allowed him to be named a PCL Mid-Season All-Star this season.
Blach has an impressive five pitches that he works with that includes a low 90’s fastball, a sinking two-seamer, a cutting four-seamer, a curve ball and a slider. He is an excellent defensive pitcher that makes him a great fielder and led him to be awarded the Milb Gold Glove Award in 2015.
Blach was drafted in the fifth round of the 2012 MLB Draft while playing at Creighton. He is ranked as the 23rd best prospect in the San Francisco Giants organization.
Latest posts by Bethany Cohen (see all)
- Nats Trade Top Prospects For OF Adam Eaton - December 7, 2016
- Royals Trade Wade Davis To Cubs In Exchange For Jorge Soler - December 7, 2016
- Rockies And Ian Desmond Agree To 5-Year Deal - December 7, 2016