- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
- Atlanta Braves Prospects – Third Basemen
Triple-A Playoffs Recap: El Paso And Gwinnett Take Series Lead
- Updated: September 14, 2016
PACIFIC LEAGUE FINALS – Game 1
El Paso Chihuahuas 7, Oklahoma City Dodgers 5
In Game 1 of the Pacific Coast League Championship series, the El Paso Chihuahuas rallied in the bottom of the eighth inning with three runs to overcome a 5-4 deficit and take a 1-0 lead in the best of five game series.
But the Chihuahuas scored four in the bottom of the third with Carlos Asuaje tying the game at 4-4 with the three-run double.
Then in the bottom of the eighth, El Paso scored three runs and completing their come from behind victory to take game one of the series.
INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE FINALS – Game 1
Gwinnett Braves 7, Scranton/WB RailRiders 4
The Braves survived a late rally from the RailRiders to hold on for the 7-4 victory and a one game lead in their best of five game series.
The RailRiders scored a run in their half of the second inning on a home run from Jake Cave. But the Braves bullpen would shut down the Scranton’s offense for six innings, before RailRiders added three runs in the bottom of the eighth to pull within two runs at 6-4.
But the Braves added an insurance run in the top of the ninth to take a 7-4 lead and held on for the victory.
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- WBC: USA Crowned With First Classic Title - March 23, 2017
- WBC: USA Beat Japan to Advance To Final - March 22, 2017
- WBC: Puerto Rico Walks-Off Netherlands, Advance to Finals - March 21, 2017