- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
- Atlanta Braves Prospects – Third Basemen
Rockies With Six-Run 7th To Spoil Tulo’s Return
- Updated: June 28, 2016
Update: June 28 – 9:00 am
The Colorado Rockies welcomed back one of their own, as Troy Tulowitzki returned to face the team he started his career with, and the fans may have given him a warm welcome during his first at bat, but the Rockies bats, even with D.J. LeMahieu and Trevor Story out with injuries, were primed for victory.
In Tulo’s four at bats, he struck out, grounded out twice, and popped out.
As for the Rockies, they stormed back from a 4-0 deficit, with three in the six to pull within one and six in the seventh to take the lead for good.
Original Post: June 27
Troy Tulowitzki returns to Coors Field on Monday to face the team with whom he started his major league career.
Tulo, started his professional career in 2006 and became an instant star and fan favorite in Colorado. In his 10 seasons with the Rockies, he batted .299, with 224 doubles, 24 triples, 188 home runs, and 657 RBI’s. He was also a five-time all star before being traded to the Toronto Blue Jays prior to the trading deadline in 2015.
He arrived in Toronto as they were in the hunt for the playoffs and batted .239, with five home runs and 17 RBIs with his new club down the stretch.
Now so far this season he is struggling with a .219 batting average, but has eight doubles, 11 home runs and 29 RBI’s in 53 games.
He is sure to receive a warm welcome from the Rockies faithful.
MLB.com created an awesome video tribute of Tulo’s highlights while with the Rockies.
Latest posts by David Conde (see all)
- WBC: USA Crowned With First Classic Title - March 23, 2017
- WBC: USA Beat Japan to Advance To Final - March 22, 2017
- WBC: Puerto Rico Walks-Off Netherlands, Advance to Finals - March 21, 2017