- WBC: America’s Pastime or Latin America’s?
- Prospects On Deck: Jorge Alfaro – Phillies C
- Legends on Deck The Podcast: Episode 6, The Business of Baseball
- The Dark Knight’s Next Evolution: From Hurler to Pitcher
- A Bloop And A Blash – Exclusive Interview With Padres Slugger Jabari Blash
- Atlanta Braves Prospects – Third Basemen
Yankees Recall Chad Green; Will Start Sunday Against Padres
- Updated: July 3, 2016
The New York Yankees will officially recall RHP Chad Green on Sunday afternoon; he will start against the San Diego Padres in the series finale.
This will be the second start, third appearance, the twenty-five year old will make in the Major Leagues this season, he has a combined 7.20 ERA with a 0-1 record with four earned runs allowed.
Since returning to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, he has been quite solid and in his last start earned the win after pitching six shutout innings against the power hitting lineup of the Syracuse Chiefs.
The Yankees decided to call upon Green to push back their starting rotation a day so that LHP CC Sabathia wouldn’t have to run the bases in a National League Petco Park on Sunday and rather start against the White Sox on Monday in Chicago. This move also will give RHP Masahiro Tanaka an extra day of rest.
There is also speculation that Green could possible be “auditioning” for a spot in the Yankees’ starting rotation since RHP Ivan Nova has been struggling as of late.
Green was acquired by the Yankees this past offseason in a deal that sent Justin Wilson to the Detroit Tigers. He was drafted by the Tigers in the 11th Round of the 2013 MLB Draft out of the University of Louisville.
Latest posts by Bethany Cohen (see all)
- Nats Trade Top Prospects For OF Adam Eaton - December 7, 2016
- Royals Trade Wade Davis To Cubs In Exchange For Jorge Soler - December 7, 2016
- Rockies And Ian Desmond Agree To 5-Year Deal - December 7, 2016