Looking Back at 2021: LOD Senior Editor, Brian Koss
Like 2020, 2021 is also a year we won’t soon forget. However, at least in terms of baseball, there was a return to relative normalcy. Major League Baseball completed an entire season. Minor League Baseball went through major transformations, yet also got their season in. College Baseball returned to Omaha.
As a writer, I will say the highlight of the 2021 season was covering the Savanna Bananas. This includes my interview with owner Jesse Cole and in-person Banana Ball experience. This was truly one of the most unique and entertaining sporting events I’ve ever been a part of. I was also pleased to have written on a wide variety of topics and covered the game all levels of the game.
In case you missed it, here’s a look back at everything I worked on in 2021:
Issues Facing the Game
- Let the Kids Watch! The Case for Earlier Postseason Start Times
- It’s Time for MLB to Start Thinking Small
- American Needs (More) Independent Baseball
- MLB’s Major Mistake
- Blue Jays, April Weather and Early Season Opportunities
- MLB’s Revenue Problem
Minor League Realignment
- The Problem with the Triple-A Postseason Plan
- MiLB Realignment: Independent Partner Leagues Edition
- MiLB Opening Day 2021: A New Era for Developmental Baseball
- MiLB Realignment: Double-A Edition
- MiLB Realignment: Single-A Edition
- MiLB Realignment: Triple-A Edition
- An Historical Perspective on the Florida State League
- Who Benefits from MiLB Contraction?
- College or Pro? How the Decision Just Became More Complicated
- The Return of the College World Series
- USF Bulls: The Cinderellas of the Super Regionals
- Is 2021 the Year of the Mid-Major?
- Florida College Baseball Preview 2021
- Tigers Pitchers Have Themselves a Week
- Will the Detroit Tigers Compete in 2021?
- Can the Rays Reach the World Series Again?
Thanks for reading!